View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi lucy - I was diagnosed with epilepsy (mostly complex partial seizures) when I was 46/47 years old.
I went through lots and lots of the "weird" things you are going through now and I understand just how awful it can be.
I remember sitting in the back seat of a moving car, watching my right arm turn neon blue, growing longer, longer and longer, pushing the windshield out into space. aaaaaaggggggghhhhh. I just sat and watched it in stunned silence and horror.
I remember the smells ....... body smells that I thought were coming from me ---- hideous sickening smells.
I remember thinking I was being hung by my hundre ......
Now I'm bawling again - and this was years ago.
Epilepsy medications turned me into enough of a zombie that I lost those auras and I just 'blacked out' during my seizures.
BUT -- all of those seizures lasted just 30 -45 - 60 seconds.....not hours like yours. (The migraines last for hours) It did take maybe 10-15 minutes for everything to 'clear-up' after each seizure.

As it turned out, a tumor was causing my epilepsy and it was removed in 2006 and because the seizures continued I had more surgery May 18,2007 and I haven't had a seizure since then.
I hope and think Sue will keep talking -- she's the dear, smart person to listen to. Bless her heart.
Wren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote