View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You are right about the nerve pain. My memory is shot, so when I have nerve pain, I started taking the magic marker and marking where it started and what pathway it took. I was surprised when my Neurologist looked at them for a minute or so and handed them back, saying intermittent pain like that is hard to treat or diagnose. I admitted I had not had these pains in a month or so (I was on so much Oxycodone I guess if I had the pains, it masked them). Then he ignored it.

I know what you mean about wanting a "safety net" when you need it. I can ask to be taken off the Oxycodone, but .... I don't know what to say. IT WORKS FOR PAIN. The Pain Med Dr. suggested I use more morphine. I don't know what to do. If I raised my Avinza intakes to 90mg a day I might be ok, but .... my goal is to get off the stuff. Like you, I don't WANT it, I NEED it for pain. I return my excess meds to the Pain Med Dr. and they dispose of them as "toxic waste" (so I am told). We are a little afraid someone might be standing next to me at the Drug Store and overhear what I am getting. With all the crazy people around, I try to be careful.

You mentioned you switched GPs --- my PCP prescribed my pain meds for about a week, I OD'd on Fentanyl and he quit that. BUT if you go from one pain med dr. to another, you can get to be classified as a "drug seeker". Even though I was trying to get off the morphine when I did it. Go figure.....

Good luck with the Oxycodone. I would certainly complain to the doctor about it. Maybe you are on the edge of a medical condition like mine? Or some other problem your doctor saw and is trying to protect you from??? It doesn't hurt to ask.

Last edited by dllfo; 05-22-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Add a couple of missing words, so it makes sense.
dllfo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote