View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Argh!!!

I called the pet store to ask about the dog, and they were generally unhelpful.

I wanted to know about the puppy's parentage, she couldnt tell me. Couldnt tell me anything about the breeder other than that they've sold her puppies for years. Wouldnt give me her name or phone number so I can call to ask about the parents.

I called the vet's office to ask if they know anything. They told me that the puppies the store sells are not puppy mill dogs, that they're a good pet store, and that generally all of the dogs are healthy.

The pet store lady refused to hose the puppy down. She told me that they wont spritz him if I come back to see him again, all I have to do is ask. My problem is that he's apparently been drowned in the perfume, and so he'll have leftover stench on him from previous stinkage.

My scent allergies are pretty strong. I might just have to go look at a puppy somewhere else, since the entire puppy area of the store smelled like baaaaaaad French perfume. Pepe' Le Pew probably smells better.

There's a pet store next to the craft store that I used to work at. I havent looked at their puppies yet. I might go out there and see what they've got.

I just cant believe the pet store people who have that poodle would be unwilling to let me see the puppy with the stink washed off. My dad and I are willing to get the dog if my allergies arent a factor. (my lazy-ness is probably a bigger factor in getting a dog. Not sure if I want to do all the work of training)

I do know that even dogs that are considered to be hypoallergenic can still trigger allergies. It's not just the type of fur/hair they have. The dog's saliva is another factor.

It just bugs me. That puppy was cute, and seemed to be a fairly decent example of poodle-ness. I like to think that I'm a good judge of dog quality. His ears were clean, he was clean except for the dog perfume and some crusty toes where he might have stepped on something. His eyes were clear, and he looked happy and looked right at me when I was talking to him. He was playful and seemed happy that someone was paying attention to him. I just wish they hadnt soaked him in stinky stuff.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote