View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lucy,
One thing I forgot to mention is that a change in the hormones could be causing all of the problems for you. When I went through my change I had a lot more sz. than usual but that's because the estrogen level went up at certain times of the month and estrogen can cause more excitment in the nervous system. While the estrogen level was up the progesterone level was low and progesterone helps calm the nerves. Take note if all these possible sz. are happening a week to 10 days before your monthly cycle and then when you go through ovulation because that what can trigger sz. for many women. These sz. are known as cateminal sz.
As far as the surgery it helped reduce my sz. from an average of 300 sz. a yr. to 108 sz. last yr. I had surgery done twice. The first time it was a video e.e.g. where the put 7 depth electrodes directly on my brain to pinpoint the area of my brain that was triggering sz. and the 2nd surgery was ultra sound surgery where I had to be awake for most of the sugery so they could test me doing an e.e.g., having me read index cards, and pricking me with a pin. All this had to be done to make sure I didn't lose my sight or become paralyzed. Take my word you will get the best help going to an Epilepsy Center and seeing and Epileptologist-a Dr. who specializes in Epilepsy. I've found that an Epileptologist is way ahead of any neuro I ever saw and they have had me on the least amount of meds. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

P.S. Wren has a heart of gold and has been a great help to others here.
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote