View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 10:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thanks for the advice

Thanks to all for your advice and answering my question on the spread of PN. Brian - your spread of PN sounds just like mine. It started by burning in the soles of my feet and then over the next few days spread all the way to the knees. DR. says it is FM - but the freezing and sometimes burning pain leads me to believe there is nerve involvement. Your post said you caught yours in time. What did you do for relief? I cannot have any emg , nerve conduction, etc. because of my severe allodynia. Any type of stimulation excites the nerves and they could become another source of chronic pain. Even a simple IV in my hand triggered off chronic hand and wrist pain. Even at the Mayo clinic many years ago - they said I have some type of hypersensitive nervous system and never have an emg, etc. I cannot even have a colonoscopy for fear of triggering off more chronic pain (colon cancer is very prominent in my family). Ex: I just rubbed some magnesium cream on my knees and ankles and...............the massaaging into these areas made them worse. Rubbing a compound cream on my hand did the same thing a few months ago. My nervous system is a wreck.
I will try the lidoderm patches. I tried them before for my back and hands and they didn't work. Thirty meds later I am still trying to obtain pain relief.
Thanks to all. You are a great group of people and I am thankful for your support.
Sydney
Sydney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote