View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core9 View Post
Hello, my pain started suddenly March 05, since then my left eye is very sensitive to light(especially TV and computer), have deep dull pain, feels full and large, burns on and off, sometimes a cutting sensation... after a million doctors and tests, they found an artery that is touching my left trigeminal nerve.

Now I don't have the typical pain that is usually discussed, but most research I have done they say that it is usually v2 or v3, that v1 is rare, so I am not sure if the pain would follow the same patterns or what?

Since I have not been able to find out much info on v1 neuralgia, I was hoping to find out some info on here from someone who unfortunately has the same problem.

I have had this for almost 2 1/2 years and I am ready for surgery if thats what it will take, but since I dont' have the complete "typical" symptoms, I wonder if it's something else.

PS I have injured this eye 3 times, but most of the docs say it has nothing to do with it, but i don't believe it.

Thank you
Ron

My Tn started in 77. I have V1, V2 (L). The spontaneous pains are now gone, for 10 years, but the eye movement and usage pain remains with light sensitvty, soreness, etc.
My docs first said, and then some after the Dx and surgical proof, that I needed a shrink (my father did too but that's another story.)
I have a birth defect that resulted in dozens of extra blood vesseks in my brain. Some vessels were wrapped around a part of the brain. That caused the pain. Unfortunately, after the first surgery, a decompression, not an MVD, which worked, including stopping the eye pain, the pain returned 3 months later. (The vessels had apparently grown back.)
I have had many surgeries including an MVD done by Peter Jannetta, My face was paralyzed as a result of that surgery. I am currently with an experimental brain implant.
Please exhaust your medical options before turning to surgery. If you do decide to go that route please read everything you can, and talk to a lot of people about their experiences with the various procedures, before making any decisions.
(The first chapter of my book is online. It gives a good description of the onset and what happened after in trying to get a dx. It won;t let me put the link but if you would like you can find the first chapter excerpted at Amazon or Xlibris, Google A PAINED LIFE, a chronic pain journey and you will come up with a click for the book.)

Many of the people I have talked with over the years do not have what is considered the "typical" symptoms. At one meeting I attended a few of the docs talked about changing the definition so that it was a continuum from trigeminal neuralgia to atypical facial pain to anaesthesia dolorosa (phantom pain - secondary to surgery. I actually have all 3, typical tic, atypical and the AD from other surgical intervention.)
leej
leejcaroll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote