View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My symptoms in my hands change like the weather .
And I live in a very nice climate

As I type this they are freezing and burning at the same time but give them some time, they will change.

I don't even try to open anything with a twist top anymore,my hands ,arms and shoulders are really just for show - and I save them for the neccessities- washing , getting ready ,and a few choice selections

My feet just get really cold and ache alot.I can't really take any walks anymore or I won't be walking for days but I can still do the eliptical trainer which makes me very happy!

Having said that most people don't know there is anything wrong with me.
I still haven't decided if that is good or bad

I too had TOS surgery bilaterally which gave me this condition.
.That was only in 2000 when TOS was still considered a garbage can diagnosis .
Now it is at the front of the repetititve strain line.
How far this disease has come !!!!!!!!!!!
That however is not the beginning or the end of how I arrived in this place

I think Kathy gave you very good advice.
I often have no idea what symptom is going to hit me next .
Or, if it is a symptom I have experienced before.
However if a symptom is that painful ,consistent and pervasisve I would certainly discuss my options with my doctor.

I recently had an acl repair in my knee.The docs gave me a block before the surgery and a week later and so far ( 6 months) and no spread(knock wood)so it is possible to have surgery again with RSD.(ok not especially happily but we are nothing if not survivors and some of the strongest people aroud!!!!)

I know there is someone on here who has had TOS surgery after RSD - daunting and scary for sure, but when the question of quality of life comes in to play we all have to grapple with those very difficult life altering decsions.

Good luck and much peace,

GnP

if you would like to further discuss RSD and hands and arms feel free to PM me.
Goodn'Plenty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote