View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 12:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,

We called our dog Puff, my son was playing with her when she came to us as a 12 week puppy. My son was rolling around the floor with her and said she is just like a puff ball. So the name Puff was born! I did not care for it at first, but her name has grown on me. She is an Shelty mix, (she looks like a small Lassi dog) we got her from animal aid. Her pervious owner took the mother dog and three puppies to the local super market and dropped them in a shopping cart. (How cruel), some people saw what was going on and saved them and called animal aid. We went to our local pet store where animal aid shows the animals they have for adoption. We were luckly the first ones in the store to check out Puff and her brother, we filled out an application, had a home study and they called our vet to see if we would be a good home for her. Animal aid called and said we got the puppy and the lady brought her right over. She loves to go for walks and check out the squirels. When we walk she will look around for them taking her time to look everywhere, even up in the trees. I never had a dog that is obsessed with getting squirles, ground squirles, squirles in the trees and on the ground. When we take a walk in our park, and if no one is around, we see a squirel on the ground we are able to let her off her leash and she runs as fast as she can to catch that squirel. The squirel all ways runs up the tree, then she runs around the bottom of the tree barking at it until we catch up with her and get her leash and tell her lets go catch some more squirels. After our walk she comes home exhausted! She has her halter on and is barking for me to get up and take her for a walk with dad. So more squirel stories later if you like, we have a few.

Last edited by BlueLakeBlue; 10-21-2006 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling
BlueLakeBlue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote