View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodle bug7 View Post
About the American Idol thing......WHAT? I am in disbelief over this one.
David A. is one of the most gifted singers I've heard on this show. I was in a state of shock. I think they are both going to be on the Today show next Thursday.
What a RIP!
D.bug7
Actually after hearing Carly Smithson singing on the finale, SHE SHOULD HAVE WON!!!

It's in all the newspapers today. The critics do NOT UNDERSTAND why Jason Castro was put through and Carly Smithson was not.

I think it has something to do with all those automatic dialers and texting that teens do.

David Cook is talented, David Archuleta (well, I want to ADOPT him, he's so adorable), but as far as TALENT?? Carly Smithson blew them all away during the finale.

And if you want to see David Archuleta (before he was 17), and when he was around 11, and he won the Star Search Competition, just go to youtube and type in David Archuleta/Star Search.

You will see a little boy with a great big voice.

He'll go places, of this I'm sure.

I spoke to my friend last night. She went into work (she's a matron on a bus), and when she went into the bus depot the morning after the finale, she was greeted by two sets of people. The ones on the right were for David Cook, and the one's on the left were for David Archuleta.

I never laughed so hard when she told me what happened.

It seems that the bus drivers and matrons had taken sides, as to who was their favorite. So they took tables on each side of the room.

The people who LOVED one guy sat on one side and started yelling at the people on the other side.

When my friend walked into the room, everybody looked at her and yelled "SO WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR"???

As she is new on this job, and was scared to death by these 50 people looking at her and each side wanting to kill the other side, (I asked her, WHAT DID YOU DO WHEN THEY CONFRONTED YOU AND ASKED YOU FOR YOUR CHOICE?).

She said: "I froze in my tracks. I knew that whichever side I picked, the other side would kill me".

She slowly backed out of the room saying "excuse me I have to go to the bathroom".

I never laughed so hard.

She said that one bus matron was so disgusted after David Cook won, she came into work, wouldn't talk to anyone, and screamed "I'M GOING OUT FOR A SMOKE".

My god, can you imagine the impact this show has on people at work??

It would be funny if it wasn't scary!!!

I just came from outside and people were getting in their cars and I went "Did you watch AMERICAN IDOL, and someone started screaming:

"DON'T GET ME STARTED, IT WAS RIGGED".

Thank god, not too many people here watch the Dance Show. They'd probably kill each other at Dunkin Donuts. lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (05-23-2008)