View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Monique,

I understand your fears and concerns, but I agree that you should try to finish your degree. You may have to take a lighter course load, but do not give up. I think that you probably need to do something for yourself in order to be there for your son.

I was dx in March 2007, and I am a professor. Last summer I did not know how I was going to go back to classes in the fall and I was worried that I would have to go on disability. But I did go back and there were some days that were tough ( I did take 2 sick days), but gradually I realized that I could do this. I just have to be careful to take some down time every afternoon, and listen to my body when it is telling me to take it easy. For example, I sit most of the time while teaching, and have cut back on service (committee) work.

At first, I thought I could not make any plans because this dang disease is so unpredictable. But I have gradually come to understand that if I do not make plans then I am allowing the ms to win. At the same time, I am trying to be practical by paying off all of my credit cards and saving more money. Notice I said trying ...

Good luck!
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mom23angels (05-23-2008)