View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 05:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Hi Monique - I agree with Barb! Don't give up. Like she said, if you have to take a lighter load for awhile then do it. I am also a professor who is newly diagnosed (Sept. 2007). I worry about the future and whether I can keep teaching but I am soldiering on. Don't ever believe that getting your masters degrees is a waste of time! Even if you don't wind up "using them" in the future (and there is no guarantee that will happen--what happens if you never have to apply for SSDI?) they will still have value. You will have worked very hard for those degrees in spite of the odds and raising a family and that is to be commended. It also sounds like you like to learn and challenge yourself aside from just getting the degree for professional reasons. So keep going even if you have to slow down.

Good luck with everything!

Natalie
Thank you Natalie! lol I am definitely a type A personality! The past two semesters I have been trying to get a 4.0 and I only got 8 As and 2 A-s which makes my GPA only a 3.94. I really am not worried about myself as much as hoping I can take care of my sons. I was looking at pictures from a couple years ago and it made me sad 'cause those were the days I wasn't sick Luckily, I have a great ex husband..and he's a good guy that's always looking out for me. I have always respected professors, what do you teach? I am going to just take it one day at a time, it's all I can really do. Thank you for your advice!

Monique
mom23angels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Natalie8 (05-24-2008)