View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Hey Monique, you're already tops in my books! You've done a marvelous job raising your children and studying as well. I (and lots of other MSers) know how hard that is!

Congratulations with your achievemants so far, but you have to get on with life.

After the divorce from my first husband I worked full time. I raised a small daughter and went to Night School most nights of the week to get my Bachelor of Health Science Degree.

If I'd have thought the way that you're thinking, I'd probably have lost custody of my daughter when it went to court all those years ago. I wouldn't have had the courage to fight like I did.

I'd never have achieved what I was so very proud of, my Bachelor's Degree. I'd have never advanced through the ranks of my profession which was a registered nurse.

I'd have never regained the confidence that I had lost along the way.

You have to believe you can do it Monique. Once you lose that I believe that you lose the will to fight.

Hi,
Yes.. I think I am just getting through the whole dealing with Anger.. Sadness and mourning the life I thought I would have and moving to being happy and grateful for the things I have like my kids! I am proud of my sons and how well they did in school this year and I'm proud of going back to school and pulling a 3.94 while having a grad. assistantship & an internship at the Hospice.

My ex is taking my kids to my ex inlaws tomorrow so I have a day to myself. I don't know what I'll do but it'll probably involve ice cream and movies!! I am also waiting to hear back from a clinic about the oral pill study I pre-interviewed for and we'll see if I get in that so I'm optimistic. Thank you for writing!

Monique
mom23angels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (05-23-2008)