View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face Mel...

1) MethylB12 helps me sleep. It always has. It is the helper agent for the synthesis of melatonin from serotonin, which is the sleep hormone.
The other reason I take at night, is because it has to be on an empty stomach.
And that is when I am most empty. (I take a handful of other things first thing
in the morning, and don't want competition for the B12 absorption, etc.

2) Mel, you have to understand that our bodies are not cars. They do not
all perform according to someone else's plan. The theory to keep A1c at a certain level....is only a theory. Keeping blood sugar low, when the tissues need it as we age may upset some balance that our tissues need. It may put some kind of stress signals out, increase stress hormones which then hurt the heart. Or some other explanation we don't understand yet.

Medicine is a very imperfect discipline. There is little or no proof that lowering cholesterol past a chosen number will do anything. In fact lowering it too far can cause strokes. Now my doctor is pushing for getting my diastolic blood pressure to 70 instead of 80 and I can't function that low...can't do aerobics, or climb stairs. Already I am getting orthostatic hypotension standing up suddenly. We just argued about this on Weds. Just because some new idea came up and says keep that number LOWER.... Well, diabetics are dying on the aggressive ACCORD program, so I am not buying that a diastolic of 70 is good for me and quality of MY life.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-26-2008), MelodyL (05-26-2008), Vowel Lady (05-24-2008)