View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 12:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I gave a short reply Pippa when I welcomed you to the site in our Introduction thread. I personally would like you to try and see a Neurologist. Is this something that your GP or PCP has mentioned to you?

Optic Neuritis is often (but NOT always) a symptom of another neurological condition, and if you add that to your short term memory loss, then a Neurological disorder of some kind is rather suspicious.

Try not to get any more worried over what I just said because there are plenty of non-serious and curable, even temporary, neurological problems around. Not all are chronic, not all are life threatening, but I would think that your sypmtoms need further investigation.

It is not normal for a 21 year old to have short term memory loss. Something has to have triggered it, and until you find out what, you are going to be stressed out, and stress will probably only compound the problems that you're already experiencing.

I do hope you get some answers soon, but I'd definitely be going back to discuss this with your GP. At least that would be a starting point.
Thank you for the advice, Koala. I've been looking up some neurologists. I'd rather not go to my primary care physician. We're not really on good terms, mostly because the staff at his office is so unprofessional, and I've had some pretty bad experiences there. My parents have been looking into finding a new one, but they haven't gotten around to it yet. Before the ON, I thought since I was young and had no health problems, I could get away with just going to an urgeant care for a while. Naturally, this wasn't the case.

Tomorrow I'm going to call and inquire about co-pay/becoming a new patient to a neurologist I found that isn't too far from where I live.
ZombiePippa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote