Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Yeah I know what you mean,
if I was taken off work & had good PT/chiro care at the very beginning - I think I would have recovered and got back to 80 % of normal.
Instead they played the "try to keep the employee" working as long as possible game -And then the denial/delay game.

Getting PT while still having to work full time just didn't cut it - whatever good was done during PT got undone just by driving to work.

For me it worked out that good PT / chiro and finally being off work really helped with my recovery. I did a lot of healing type stuff at home too.
But I'm only at about 60% of my pre injury fitness/strength level and that goes downhill after a week or so of repetitious, heavy or continuous use. On the upside I only have minor discomfort unless I really overdo and don't do my stretches and stuff to get things loosened up again.

I haven't returned to the work force yet though - one main reason being I'm kind of afraid of ending up aggravating things.

But depending on how bad the injury/pain is at the start - some just have to follow through with the wc system all the way.
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (05-24-2008)