View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It's been 10 months for me since I quit smoking, and I'm feeling pretty good about that too.

I've been through some really tough times since I had my last cigarette at the beginning of August last year, and to know that I didn't give in and light one up has been very satisfying for me.

Don't get me wrong, there's been times that I've been very tempted indeed but I didn't let it get me. Some how I was able to overcome the urge, and I'm so darn pleased that I did, because now I can say .... 10 months and still counting! It doesn't worry me one little bit if others are smoking around me, and I guess that was one of the things that had me worried. I thought that once I smelled it, I'd be wanting one myself.

I was smoking approx 15-20 cigarettes a day, and at around $15 per packet...............
YES $15 per packet here in Australia! That's quite a saving.

Since quitting I applied for and got accepted into the Disability Pension Scheme and if I hadn't quit when I did, I doubt that DH and I would have had enough money to buy groceries to eat. It's hard enough as it is trying to survive on what we get, without having to pay for smokes as well.

Congratulations to all the quitters, no matter what you quit! That sense of achievement is something that no-one can take away from from you.