View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Cara, Claire, and Nancy! I'm so glad I found this forum to help make some sense out of this stuff.

Cara, I wrote down the tests that he ordered so I would remember them and the only Celiac specific test was the Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody. I've found so much information (here and other sites) that recommend running more than just that one test so I am going to ask my Primary Dr. about it this week.

Claire, I'm sorry you lost your power and the message that you had already written. I know it takes time for some of these replies and appreciate you writing it again. If my Dr. is not willing to run the additional tests I will check on the Enterolab testing. We have good insurance and I really don't want to have to pay for it out of pocket but, like you said, it may be well worth it.

Nancy, you must be at least the 12th person who has asked me about hyperthyroidism and, you're right, I do have ALOT of the symptoms not to mention a long family history of thyroid disease and thyroid cancer. But, I've been tested (TSH and Ultrasound) and they keep telling me that my thyroid is normal. I'm definately not overly anxious to jump in and have a biopsy but
I guess I would if my doctor strongly recommended it.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but does anyone have any knowledge or information about iron deficiency? My GI docs nurse said that he wants me taking the max amount of Ferrous Sulfate (325 mg three times per day) because I'm very iron deficient and he doesn't want to see me back for two months to check the iron levels again. Is this normal? From what I've read, there has to be a reason for iron deficiency (malabsorption, blood loss, etc.) and that should be investigated right away. I do take daily asprin for a blood clotting disorder so I am wondering if I might be losing blood somewhere inside. Should I wait the two months or try to get someone to check this out sooner? I hate to question what my Dr.'s are telling me to do but I don't want to take any unnecessary chances. Am I over reacting?

Again, thanks for all the help!
Daisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote