View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, thanks so much for explaining.

When I go to the Accord program, and my blood pressure was 102/62, they would all hoot and holler. I once said: 'why on earth are you hootin and hollering, I always thought that 120/70 was normal. I was then told: 'well, we now know that lower numbers are better, and especially for diabetics".

so they lowered the expected normal blood glucose level (I believe it used to be if you went over 150 they thought you were a diabetic). Now it seems if you are 105, or 110, they say "Oh you are pre-diabetic".

I'd like to know who to believe.

I know that we need cholesterol (some cholesterol) in our bodies. That's why I eat eggs once in a while (and for the choline for my brain). I want my brain to keep doing it's things.

I got my sugar down to 130 this morning. Believe me I was thrilled because, lately for whatever reason, it was 162, then 144. And all in the space of 30 seconds. I changed the batteries in my meter. Same thing happened.

Then I began taking the chromium picolinate. Started about 5 days ago. And I know it can't work that fast. Supposed to take 2 or 3 months to see any improvements. Well, when I go from 162 to 130, to me, that's a good thing. I don't know if I'll ever get down to 100. (Wouldn't that be something).

I lost about 7 lbs. That also lowers the blood sugar I've been told. A few pounds here and there, well that can amount to a better reading. That's fine by me.

Alan's blood sugar never goes over 85. NEVER. He's had more blood tests than I can remember. His blood pressure never changes either. The visiting nurse says "wow, this guy's pressure is always 100/60. EVERY TIME SHE COMES. It's amazing.

That has always been his pressure, even before he got the stent. He never had any kind of pressure problems.

I am to go to Cornell next week. I'm hoping to move it to the following friday because guess what?? ALAN GOT APPROVED FOR THE C.R.O.W. boot.

He gets it next thursday. So we shall see if he THEN CAN GO OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GO PLACES WITH ME.

For now, he's ordered to stay on the couch and not put any pressure on the foot ulcer. It's not bled for 7 days. But we've been through this before. As soon as he starts walking anywhere, the darn thing bleeds.

So his ortho feels "this taks a long long time to heal". "He needs a C.R.O.W. boot. I had never heard of it. But I have looked it up. It locks the ankle in place so he can't walk as he would like to walk. He has to walk a certain way.

so I guess we wait and watch.

Thanks so much for all the information on the a1c. I really am learning more and more every day from you.

Oh, I have two questions for you about juicing. I have NOT JUICED in 5 days (I was juicing vegetables and a small slice of apple), telling myself "well it's not fruit). Then when my sugar was 162, I said "better stop even this, wait until you find out if you can juice ANYTHING".

So here's question Number 1. Can juicing zucchini, celery, parsley, and any other green thing, along with a bit of apple, well can that raise one's blood sugar (or is everybody different, and there's no way to know except by trial and error???)

And the second question is: "I bought papaya enzymes from GNC". I was told "chew three of these", and whatever you eat, these will aid in digestion, and your body will absorb more nutrients than if you didn't take these enzymes."

These are really cheap at GNC, and they taste fine. But I have no idea if these 3 little chewable pills, well I don't know if they impact one's sugar. I mean, it's a fruit, I know, but it's not juice, and it's not concentrated, right?

Do you ever use these papaya enzymes??

Thanks much for taking the time to set us all straight about vitamins, and nutrition. It's much appreciated, believe me.

I've applied everything you have ever written.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote