Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vowel Lady View Post
Mrs. D...

I take my B50 and additional B12 in the morning. I might experiment taking the B12 at night. However, so far...I haven't detected a problem with taking them in the morning. I DO really like those B vitamins!

I do think this weight gain is largely water weight. This week I was religious taking the chromium and things were clearly better. I even ate some rice (found a great...more yummy and easy...product) and I normally don't indulge and did not have to pay my normal price. However, I also did not eat much actual sugar. My gut tells me to "watch out" for sugar due to the consistency with problems there.
Do you happen to know what supplements or foods act as diuretics?
I had a veggie smoothie the other day...cucumber, spinach, celery and ginger and actually that seem to help. However, it was NOT the most tasty thing I have ever had in my life. I had this in the morning...a huge drink and it filled me up. Usually, I too have protein in the morning and it is a great choice. Really filling.

RE: CASSIA
I checked at iherb. Saw lots of oils. Can you further elaborate?

Also, is there some sort of "combo" inositol and taurine product out there? I really like my acetyl L cartine alpha lipoic acid supplement combo and plan on taking it regularly.

Here is one that indicates it is for sleep (which is interesting, because I thought either T or I in the past made me sleepy): http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1344

I don't know about the other ingredients listed...

All these supplements are making me batty...combo pills make sense to me. Even if they are not "perfect" it reduces the chances that I'm going to forget something or get overly frustrated.

Thank you.
Well, seems you are finding some solutions...
Taurine does not affect me one way or the other, sedation-wise.

The R-lipoic is vastly superior to alpha lipoic... I suggest when your combo is gone you switch to plain acetyl-carnitine and get the r-lipoic instead.
This will really put gas in your tank! It is like 4 cups of coffee for me!
So take it only in the morning.

I only know that the "cassia" version is the one used in the studies.
There are many kinds of cinnamon... I put that up in links.

The best diuretic I have found is the benfotiamine I started several months ago. Before-- I used to use Lasix twice a week, and after taking would go to the bathroom for hours...sometimes 6-8 visits.. I felt like I lost 10 lbs each time. But I hate diuretics since they upset my magnesium balance. Then I get thirsty later the next day.

Since starting the benfotiamine--- the Lasix does not get rid of any fluid anymore! This is very liberating. Even the doctor loved my trim ankles...she was surprised. (they never swelled much anyway --it is my hands that typically swell up).

High dose vit C will also act as a diuretic.

I have seen various foods listed, but I never had personal experience with them as useful. You can Google that.
What WILL help is removing foods that you are REACTING to...
The book Obesity's Answer by Dr. Jensen-Kittley goes into this in detail.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Obe...2479912/?itm=3
She has an elimnation diet that has lost water weight in her friends and patients up to 30lb a month! DRAMATIC... But the diet is VERY restrictive. This is the LAST diet book you will ever need!

I find the elimination diet brutal actually. Each person may react to only certain things...and not others. The trick is finding YOUR triggers. For example, I never realized I was reacting to onions...which I always used heavily. So now I rarely cook with them.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote