View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

"I'd use the juicer for a once a day thing. Mix up your greens, etc for their antioxidant value...but do not drink these all day long, as they will affect your blood sugar."

Mrs. D. Just wanted to clear something up. I have never juiced or drank juice all day long. Never. When I got the juicer, initially I would make a glass of carrot apple pear, in the a.m. (4 oz), and in the afternoon, I'd juice 4 oz of celery, zucchini, (whatever green thing I had in the fridge).

I'd drink it down. About 2 p.m. And that would be it till the next morning. But when my sugar went up the next morning (and I have no idea if this is from the small amount of juice I DID drink, well, I decided NO JUICING TILL I HAVE MORE FACTS.

I have never even thought about drinking juice all day long, (like they do in the informercials. I juice for Alan. He LOVES it. He also does not have diabetes, so he can do this.

Since I stopped the juicing, and I went back to NOT eating after 7 pm (which Cornell says is fine because as they put it, YOU DON'T EAT AFTER 7 P.M, YOU HAVE GOOD SUGAR READINGS THE NEXT DAY, WHY FOOL WITH SUCCESS???), well, my sugar is steadily improving in the morning numbers.

I think as we get older, we get more problems. I can only continue to do what I've been doing, walking every day, no refined carbs, low-fat, and hope that as my weight continues to drop, my glucose will stabilize even better.

And guess what?? Today I bought my first belt.

Never wore a belt in my life.

Wait until Alan sees me in a skirt, tank and a belt. He'll either think I've lost my mind, or he'll smile. I hope he smiles.

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote