View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 01:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Uggo...

My neuro didn't give me anything - as it was the on-call doc (a wonderful dr - head of a private MS center here in SoCal). Anyhow, he was very sweet and nice to me - especially since it was friday night of a holiday weekend. Then again, as on-call doc, it was his job. LOL Although, it was MY neuro's job to have gotten back to me sooner than Fri at 5pm when I'd been leaving MULTIPLE messages since Wed. evening.

I feel like crud. I ended up taking another 1/2 sleeping pill and finally fell asleep.

Did I mention in my first post that these pills taste horrible, no matter how i take them? Ugg. I've barely taken today's first dose. I guess I took the dose last night b/c I wanted to get started - and I didn't get meds until 9pm...and I knew it had to be split in 2 doses. Oh, so many pills - and I don't mind pills....but these! Ugg. nasty tasting.

So, is there something over the counter I can take to combat gastric probs? I'm especially worried about this for several reasons, as i've had gastric bypass surgery nearly 4 yrs ago, so my "plumbing" isn't the same as other people...so I don't ALWAYS absorb pills the same way. There's a chance that I won't get full dose of it - or that the dose will hit quicker than it should. However, we never know! I would have preferred the liquid form or the IV - I've not had problems with the two IVSM tx that I had. The liquid idea scared me at first, but is a moot point since I couldn't get it to late last night, on the eve of a holiday. I wonder if doc could've called a hospital pharmacy to get it for me today? Oh well now.

I'm trying to take my dose right now. I've gotten 4 of the 10 down. SO NASTY! (and no, I'm not chewing them. OMG, I can't imagine how gross that would be - I remember someone posting on the Ty board that they chewed them. Eeek!!)

Thank you for your concern everyone. I appreciate it a lot, as I'm very concerned, too. The on-call doc said to call if I needed to - and trust me, I will!!!

I did manage to see my client today. See, when I'm at work, I get to be Keri - not KeriWithMS. I try to turn of my sx. Of course, not so easy to turn off double vision without wearing the eye patch or closing one eye. Sometimes if I concentrate hard enough to focus, I can get back to mono-vision for a smidge of time - but it gives me a killer headache (which I have now). Fortunately, my clients can't tell if I'm seeing double! LOL

I just want to be done with this MS. I admire all of you who have struggled with MS (whether benign or active) for so many years. I'm barely going on 5 months (on June 4).

~Keri

RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote