View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Need some bird advice please!

Hubby and I can't have a dog, and we can't have a cat because we live in leased accommodation, but I'd like to get my DH a pet if at all possible.

DH has a "big" birthday coming up in October, and I was wondering if anyone knows if owners and estate agents are usually harsh when it comes to the "No Pets Rule", if it involves a caged bird? I know that things are probably digfferent between our countries, but it may give me some-where to start if I knew that it's allowable where you live.

We did have a bird aviary a little while ago, and DH has always had much enjoyment from the wild birds that he feeds. I was thinking of getting him a hand reared Cockatiel for his birthday. He is very fond of all animals and he's grown to really love the birds. My friend has an Australian Rosella Parrot that talks, and my DH just loves it so very much!

Also ..... the 1st of September is the first day of Spring here in Australia. What chance would I have of getting a hand reared cockatiel ready for mid October for my hubby? That would be approx 6 weeks into spring for all you bird lovers!

Any advice and/or suggestions gladly received.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (05-27-2008)