View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorrie View Post
I am sorry that your mother treated you in such an awful way!!! Thank you for sharing that....I think it is great that you are no longer letting her cruelty rule your life....
I forgot to cut my sweetner in 1/2 but will now....gotta get some spring mix in the house and some chicken and fish as well!!!
Hope you have a lovely day Melody!!
Dorrie:

I just realized you live in Canada. I've been there twice. My french came in VERY HANDY when I was there. First I went to Niagara Falls (the American Side), with all it's colors, and Maid of the Mist boat. I was about 7 and my parents took me. Then later on I went with another friend.

Then we went to the Canadian Side. I remember ONE THING ABOUT THAT VACATION. The food was to die for. We ate in a restaurant that had the best loaves of bread I had ever eaten. We ate ourselves stupid that day.

See what the mind remembers, (even at 60)??? FOOD!! lol

I have to start making better memories.

Oh, about the sweetner. In all my research the safest one is Stevia. It tastes like sugar. It's made from plant, and it's natural. So ho harm no foul, and it's better than artificial stuff for the body. I now use this (sometimes I use splenda). But we just purchased a whole bunch of Stevia packets from Stevia.com. They were on sale. 100 packs for something like $2.69 (or thereabouts). relatively cheap then when I go to GNC, and a box is over $6.00. So I got a whole bunch of Stevia that will last us the whole year.

I just put one packet in my coffee. And for Alan, because he likes his stuff REALLY SWEET, well instead of Sweet and Low and splenda on everything, I'll just sprinkle on some Stevia. He was putting honey on everything. I mean EVERYTHING. He has a condition called Taste Perversion because he used to be on the Fentanyl pain patch years ago, and his taste buds got screwey.

So foods that you and I would ordinarily say "oh this is so sweet!!!", well it doesn't register on his tongue. So at least Stevia is a better alternative.

Think about it.

One little change.

You take care.

Nice chatting with you!!!

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (05-25-2008)