View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 05:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default drugs, oh drugs..

hey guys,

just for your information..
listen to Mrs. D, but it's good to be aware of what I have learned over the years..

better know something rather than not knowing anything. But the more you know seomthing, the more you know the things you don't know. that's why I stop asking (which is a very unwise thing to do, but I'm really tired.) in my experience the pharmacist only know so much.. OK, they know a lot, but in my case, absolutely not enough. I'm the one that have to do all the studying.. and now I'm so tired of studying. in the past weeks scary things have happened to me. It's time that I should start doing my homework to report to my doctors. But I don't even have enough energy to do what I utmostly need to do, so the homework just keep piling up, and dangerous things keep happening. Fortunately so far I still could manage. Believe it or not, my doctors trust me that I know what I'm doing.

And once I went to a American Epilepsy Society meeting, and I stopped by at different companies.. actually they got nervous that I asked questions.. (i could understand why). They all promised to send me the information, but at the end, only one company sent me something.. pretty much what's on ythe PDR. The thing is, once the drug is approved, the company wants nothing to do with studying it anymore. They only need one FDA approval and that's it, all they do after that is selling. long term effects? not their business.

not many people interested to study drug interactions. what for? first it's very expensive to do a proper study, second, they don't make any money out of this, and third, it's impossible to do a proper study anyway. All the studies that have been done have to use strict criterias. If you want a drug to be aprroved for diabetes, your studies will include only people with diabetes, not diabetes and stroke, or diabetes and MS etc. While in the real world, that is not the case. And also in the real world, people are taking so amny different variations of drugs, which are not the case with the people who are the subjects of these studies. And even furthermore, your genetic make ups (and your lifestyle etc.) determine how your body takes on the drug. And of course, a lot of people don't take the drug properly.. in other words, as labeled.

Last edited by agnuscrucis; 10-21-2006 at 07:02 PM.
agnuscrucis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DVORA65 (08-25-2011)