View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

First, are you Social Security Disabled? Any of these should be able to guide you with regard to health insurance.

COBRA is a complex entity. I don't know if this will help, but here it is anyway...

COBRA coverage and Disability
http://cobrainsurance.com/help/quest...and+Disability

The HIPPA law states that all qualified beneficiaries, not just the disabled person, have the right to continue with COBRA coverage and take advantage of the 11 month extension. In compliance with the COBRA law, it is possible to extend the 18 months of coverage to a 29 months, if and individual has been determined disabled at the time of a qualifying event. HIPPA has modified the plan by allowing the 11 month extension to consist of those disabilities that may happen before or during that first 60 days of your COBRA coverage. You will need to contact the plan administrator before the end of the 18 month period. You must also notify the administrator no later than 30 days after the individual is no longer qualified as disabled by the law.

Also Medicaid in New York State+

Also NYS Office of the Aging which service not just the 65 and older, the also the Social Security Disabled

Also New York Department of the Aging

Hope this is of some help.

Good luck!!
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote