View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, mine started right after a hysterectomy and once I was off all pain meds. Originally I thought it was from the lack of hormones..but it wasn't. It was about a week after being off the pain meds that I grabbed my head and screamed. To make a long story short the docs first diagnosed it as ON and then that changed almost immediately to cervicogenic headaches. BECAUSE...the NS ordered an MRI and saw how badly arthritic my neck was PLUS a piece of old bone that had busted off...probably years ago...when I was 12 from a go cart accident. But what they said aggravated all of it was from being intubated and having my neck hyperextended during the hysterectomy surgery. Anyway, that is what TRIGGERED it and for the next 3 years it was he@@! So, this all eventually led to a fusion of the C3/C4 (it was in bad, bad shape) and gone were the headaches. However, I can still get them from time to time because there are issues at every level of my cervical spine. My PM had to do facet injections at the C2/C3 this past November and that still is giving me great relief. I will say when they do hit, I can usually kick them out with ice or heat. There is no more running to the ER for shots of Toradol and Phenergan. So, all in all I think the nerve blocks and the fusions I have had have helped to obliterate some of this. It can get bad sometimes but at least it is not an every day thing anymore. If it gets bad and stays that way, I usually see my PM for an injection which normally lasts for quite awhile.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (06-03-2008), Nik-key (07-11-2008)