View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 06:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new kind of insomnia?

i read this thread thinking there would have to be someone responding with a problem like mine, but no. my problem is not being unable to sleep - i can fall asleep and stay asleep and sleep longer than most people would want to.

My problem is that something compels me to stay awake - i can be falling asleep at my computer at 2am on a week night (weekends are regularly in the 3a-5a range) and for some reason i STILL don't want to go to bed - it is very strange - and i *love* to sleep, will sleep until noon given the opportunity even if i went to bed at a reasonable hour the night before, but i have the hardest time making myself *get into* bed.

ii think it may have something to do with another change i have noticed - i no longer have any interest in passive activities like watching tv, or a movie, or reading a book (and i was an insatiable reader up until a few years ago) and lying in bed waiting to fall asleep pretty much tops the list of passive activities out there.

i have talked to one other person who has noticed something similar - she lost all desire to read, as well - she said it happened after she started Mirapex, and i had never thought about it before but when she said that i realized it had been the same for me - can't say for sure that it started right after the Mirapex, but it definitely didn't start before.

Last edited by boann; 10-21-2006 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
boann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote