View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaveHerr View Post
I have two large clumps of Adagio grass I want dug up, divided, and given away. Should the plants be cut back, and if so, how far? They are going to a plant swap this week and what ever is left over gets put out at our yard sale this month. They are so big I'm afraid they won't survive, so any other words of wisdom you have for me would be appreciated. They are going to get replaced with a hopefully more mannerly/compact grass.
It's spreads through rhizomes so you can dig it up, and take your shovel or a pair a pruners and cut it up nicely into smaller portions, it should be divided every 2-3 years.

Pruning or cutting it back is quite easy and should be done now. You can cut it to the ground before new shoots appear. If it has already started growing, go ahead and prune it down to the tops of the new shoots and take your fingers and run them through the new grass shoots and pull out the dead ones from last season.

It's a very pretty grass!!!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote