View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Do you overheat when you drink hot liquids?

I have a symptom question that I'm not sure is common of ms or not. For the past 5 years, any time I would eat or drink, I would feel what I thought was sort of a "hot flash" and then I would begin throwing up..violently. During this time, I noticed that I could eat Sushi or Subs, or pudding..anything cold.. and wouldn't become ill. I also noticed that I didn't sweat very much, even in the hottest weather..but would become very disoriented, and see spots, become dizzy, and start foaming at the mouth. I've literally stuck my head in public fountains before. I know that MS had a degree of heat sensitivity. I just want to see if mine is on the "normal" level or if anyone else experiences it.

I recently got some free cooling equipment from the MSAA, which has been a lifesaver, especially the vest. The other night, I was drinking some coffee, and got one of those "hot flashes", and held my head themometer to my abdomen. The temp was 105... so i put my cooling vest on. I didn't throw up that time, but I noticed my body has trouble eliminating heat from the food I am consuming. Is this part of the heat sensitivity that comes with ms??

My tongue and throat have also gone numb and get worse with hot food or liquids. I've had swallowing problems for a really long time.

If anyone else has this problem, some advice would be great. Ty.
Noidy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote