View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb veggies....

bloating from veggies.... you need BEANO... It really helps. I have to use it now for every meal with vegetables.

The glucometers are fairly easy to get. If you watch the circulars from Walgreens. CVS etc they often have them with a rebate, which makes them
essentially FREE.

It is the testing strips/discs that cost an arm and a leg. Up to $80/mon.

You might get your doctor to write you an RX... some people have this covered on their insurance. Blue Cross for example has coverage with a copay from
medical supply places. (not pharmacies). It is not part of the drug benefit, unless you are on Medicaid or some Medicare.

I can always tell when I am low... I get shakey and sweat. Sometimes I get
teary...overly emotional. Smaller meals and snacks help with gas/bloating too.
I am not always HUNGRY when LOW.... just very unstable. Many times the thought of food is repulsive! So I have a swig of OJ when that happens.
There is a new Gatorade G2, with 1/2 the sugar in it...and a swallow of that often helps. One little bottle lasts me 3-4 days in the frig.

As I have gotten older I have developed a fructose intolerance. So I have to be very careful with some fruits now!
Beano and Lactaid are my friends --daily.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (05-27-2008)