View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Have you had your thyroid checked? Just a thought.

I have what's known as Uhthoff's Syndrome or Uhthoff's Phenomenon. Historically, it usually affects the optic nerve. Neurologist's have now come to the realization that it affects the whole body. It's core temperature related.

Anyway, when my core temperature rises above 99+ for any length of time, I suffer from pseudo-exacerbations. If I do not get myself cooled down and rehydrated within a couple of hours, I end up paying for it by increased symptoms for a longer period and may even end up with a full-blown exacerbation! I learned that the hard way by not listening to my body.

Since I work outside, I have learned to stay well hydrated during any time of the year, not just the summer months. Even during the cooler winter months, I can suffer from this syndrome. It's core temperature related, not outside air temperature. I find also that I have to watch over doing when I exercise as well.

So, to answer your question, this may be what you are also experiencing. I have provided a link for you for some additional information. I have had my thyroid checked so that's not an issue.

http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/Uhthoffssymptom.html

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote