View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 02:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Benjamin,

Experienced a similar situation whilst travelling in South East Asia when decidied to return home after a concussion. It is doubly hard when think about opportunities missed and also when people do not recognise your condition.

As depression and PCS is in part subjective and felt only by you, it can be frustrating explaining to friends and family the condition when MRI or CAT scans come back negative.

Ultimately I guess they are just as impatient for you to return back to your old self.

I had my fifth concussion, skiing, 5 months ago and still have neck pain and more floaters than usual. Work has been very difficult, though found that anxiety has had a debilating effect as much as the physical symptoms so have recently tried to focus on reducing that.

Becoming a lot more conscious of my posture, trying to be more assertive when speaking and realising that even if my brain is damaged, perhaps irreparably, that have to deal with it has helped.

The outlook for a mild concussion is generally very good and as enigmagnetic was saying this is, hopefully, a relatively small period of your life so good luck and hope you see a speedy and noticable improvement soon.
Xandar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote