View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
Judy

Have you contacted the MSAA for the FREE cooling vest?
First, thank you for the link on Uhtoff's symptom. Now I have a name to go with the symptoms. Glad to hear it's probably MS related. I've had my thyroid checked, and it was fine about 6 months ago. It's probably due to be checked here again soon too.

The MSAA sent me my free cooling vest. All I had to do was print out the paperwork, fill it out, and have my doctor write that I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on a prescription tablet. I had my vest, wrist bands, neck band, and a hat within days. The hat is a little uncomfortable as my head is kinda small, and the ice feels like a brick on my head, but once it melts just a little, the hat has done wonders keeping the sun out of my eyes. Those people are awesome for hooking us people with MS up with what we need. This year they've given me my summer back. I haven't been outdoors in over 70 degree weather in 5 years without becoming horribly sick. I've used the vest once outdoors already, and it was awesome to be outdoors again. I don't even mind what it looks like a bit because it gets me where I need to go. The wrist and neck bands are good for a quickk cool down, and I actually sleep in my neck band. It allows me to cover up because the breeze from my fan burns my skin.. (having someone put my a/c soon, as this year i can't lift it). A warm breeze feels like bees stinging me so until i get my ac in, I have to use a sheet to cover up.

Ty again for the link. Now I have a name to go with one of my worst symptoms.
Noidy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (05-26-2008)