View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 06:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default an anti-inflammation diet

I read somewhere this weekend (read so much I can't remember where!) but a lady diagnosed with RA simply got fed up with feeling like ---- and went on a radical, what she called "anti-inflammation" diet. She believes chronic disease is caused by inflammation and hence her diet gearing towards foods that help combat that. Rev, I know your ears will perk up over this!

By trial and error, finding what worked with her over a period I think of two years, she is now RA free and off all meds. Weighing what she did in her 20s, with a blood pressure of 100/60 (enviable by any standards!) she feels better than she has in decades.

I looked up "anti-inflammation" diet and it is basically what our parents ate growing up-veggies, fruits, a little meat (not much red meat), oats, whole grain breads, rice, you all get the idea. And no excess of anything. Obviously no sugars, processed foods, or what the average american eats on any given day. I have also seen this diet under the name "the Zone".

My attitude is this: such a healthy diet cannot possibly hurt, and wonder of wonders, just may help! I plan on moving us over to this diet and adding in ample amounts of celery, green tea, green peppers, ginseng, and milk thistle. Cranberry juice is incredibly good for the kidneys, and we use that once a week diluted with water just to help those fellas out as well. BTW, if you do the cranberry juice (or black cherry, also very good), use the organic extract, not that diluted stuff mixed in with grape or apple juice. The organic extracts are squeezed straight from the fruit. They are incredibly strong, and very potent, so use with caution. My husband almost got a kidney stone once using the black cherry extract, so dilute it well.

Someone once told me that doctors today do not receive any course in nutrition from medical school. No wonder.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote