View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fatigue, fat, fibro and freakin' MS.....

First let me say to Punky how sorry I am for the death in your family and the stress it's caused you. For some reason, my old webtv wouldn't let me reply in that thread. Hopefully things will get back to "normal" soon.

Well, all winter I couldn't wait until the nice weather returned.....okay, today it did with the usual humidity. My central A/C is on!! But the PAIN is through the roof. I never know if it's from this lovely MS or the fibromyalgia. Today was one of those days when I didn't think I could take it anymore. My feet and legs are about twice the size they should be and are sooooo heavy, it's really hard just to lift them up enough to put my foot in the pant leg.

Then I can't seem to stay awake. Every time I plan to do something like pay bills, read, etc., I've discovered I've been asleep again so nothing gets done. Has anyone who sits in a "chair" all day, noticed that your shape has changed? Seems like my butt has spread part way up my back and my hips and thighs are way too big. It's really a challenge to pull up the pants!! Such a stupid thing, can't stand up long enough without tipping backward to pull them up, one hand at a time so it takes forever. Who would have "thunk" it? How the heck are you supposed to exercise when nothing moves? I HATE THESE DISEASES!!!!

As for the stress mentioned in Punk's thread, I truly believe it has a tremendous effect on these autoimmune diseases. For example, I've become friends with the wife of my "ex". I know, it's weird. She wasn't involved in our divorce and she's confided in me as to some "problems" they're having. Anyway, she's spoken with a doctor/counselor who told her that prolonged stress can be a trigger for some of these diseases. After my 24 years of putting up with his "stress" causing actions, I developed MS and fibromyalgia and after a few years of marriage to "him", his new wife now has lupus. Great record huh??? His mom had altzheimers, so we'll see. Doesn't that sound terrible?

Guess you can tell my AD isn't working too well today!! Maybe because it's been another holiday weekend alone. Family life continues to go on around us, but when we can't participate any longer no matter what the cause, we seem to be written off and become non-people. Do you find this to be true in your lives also?

Perhaps it's time for more permanent help. Some of the stress is most likely caused by the frustration of not being able to do things like I used to and needing more help for everything. And TOO MUCH PAIN!!! If never goes away and nothing helps to lessen it.

Now that I've depressed everyone who has read this whole mess, I'm sorry. It's difficult to sound happy when it feels like every nerve in your body is on fire. Who else would understand? Thanks for listening........

.....Judy
SPMS -- FIBROMYALGIA -- Ouch! and Ouch!
Judy2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-27-2008)