View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

First of all Cheryl here's a hug. I remember the day like it was yesterday when Jim graduated from college but would never use his degree. It was all he could do to walk across that stage at the time but he was determined to no matter what. I also remember the day I had to tell my boss that I would not be returning to work because I needed to become Jim's fulltime carepartner. I didn't cry, never have, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. It was a graphic design job, teaching new designers, one that you must stay up to date with and work in the field to be even considered a position.

I know that part of us is gone and like you, Jim and I have accepted it. But it is always with you right? Just last year I talked about finally getting that studio up so I could start painting again and now my mom needs the room instead. I often wonder if I am being tested to my extremes. I wouldn't change a thing however as each obstacle has brought me something even more wonderful than the change before. I value my time with Jim and he with me. This is something not many families get these days and that is time with each other. Now I am going to have the opportunity to help my mother. I know that will be tough, but it's something I know I will cherish later even if she breaks my sanity!

I just wanted you to know your not alone and yes we do understand. Before you know it there will be many posts to show how much support you have here. Maybe someday you wont be able to do the job your doing right now. But maybe a better opportunity will come up. I know here in my area 3d imaging is in need by architects and landscapers. I have been approached in the past to design two basements for a contractor just because I had knowledge of the software. I had to do it for free but it was fun nonetheless.

No matter what happens we are here for you.
Aarcyn (05-27-2008), ewizabeth (05-27-2008), Ivy2 (05-27-2008), Jappy (05-27-2008), Jules A (05-27-2008), Koala77 (05-27-2008), SallyC (05-27-2008), tamiloo (05-30-2008), tovaxin_lab_rat (05-27-2008), weegot5kiz (05-27-2008)