View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Last October I purchased a new software program for my design business. I had a heck of time learning how to use it. It's 3-moduled and CAD. I love it. I am getting a good grasp on it and it has really helped me with my designs. I came to the realization last fall that I could no longer hand draw my designs for several reasons - 2 of which were 1) my hands are mostly numb now and 2) clients want instant gratification - pictures of what their yards are going to look like NOW.

That has really helped me but I still find myself so behind in other things with my life that keeping up to date with the new technology taking a toll on me.

In addition, some of you may remember that my mom is ill and I am trying to help my sister, long distance, with some of the emotional support of her terminal illness. I can't physically be there but I am doing what I can to help my sister.

Maybe I am expecting too much of myself, but I have always been the "go to person." I know I have had a lot on my plate since December. First the sinus infection that wouldn't go away, the fiasco with the "in-laws" over Christmas, then my Mom, then the exacerbation, the trip to DC, etc...so maybe I just need to kick back and give myself a break????

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (05-27-2008), ewizabeth (05-27-2008), Ivy2 (05-27-2008), Kitty (05-27-2008), Koala77 (05-27-2008), SallyC (05-27-2008), SandyC (05-27-2008), Taffy (05-27-2008)