Thread: Symptoms of MS?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Newly Joined

15 yr Member
Default Symptoms of MS?

About a year ago I suddenly started getting strange parasthesias - I woke up in the night to find my hands numb and tingly, when I shook them I got normal feeling back but then it came back again (the tingling). It also started happening in my feet. I freaked out - but had been backpacking for the previous 6 weeks and my doc said it was a pinched nerve from my pack and it would go away. It has certainly died down - I dont get it randomly any more - I am still very sensitive to pinched nerve sensations, about 50 times a day I seem to get myself into some position that I have to switch to get rid of a tingling sensation in my fee, calves, hands, shoulders, back or neck.

My doctor is now sending me for a brain MRI and cervical spine scan. I am really worried its a brain or spine tumor, or MS. My family is telling me to stay calm, as the parasthesia always goes away when I move or change position (suggesting Im just pinching about 100 nerves all the time). Im worried now that other symptoms I have which I thought were unrelated - irritable bowel symdrome, recurrent UTIs, and constant fatigue - are associated with this.
Has anyone had a similar experience? Does this - bilateral frequent pins and needles - sound like MS/cancer? Just want to prepare myself for bad news!
heatherphillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote