View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 06:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Now I know why I hate going to the ER. I sat there until 1:15 am before anyone even looked at me. But it wasn't there fault. I go to St. Mary's Hospital which is about 1/2 hour from my house and it's a trauma center. They had a 3 car accident and they had to medivac people there. I hope they make it.

They opened it up and cleaned it out real good and gave me six stitches. I also got a tetanus shot and a tetanus immune globulin shot because it works faster. They also thought it best I get the rabies immunoglobulin since the possum wasn't acting naturally. So they gave me in shot in the bite and one around the outside of it. Then I need 5 more over the next month. They also gave me a script for antibiotics for the bite wound.

They told me possum's normally don't carry rabies but the way it was acting was not normal. Animal control is coming out today and they're going to "remove" it and have it tested for rabies. I'm taking Hooper and we're leaving while they do it. I can't watch.

Thanks for urging me to go. And BMW, no worries, I'm not upset. They are wild animals so they're very unpredictable.

So after all that I left around 4:30AM. It's hurting like the dickens right now. They only gave me Tylenol 3's while I was there and now it's worn off. Now I have to wait for CVS to open to get it filled.

Cats nap, only humans put them "to sleep". Sterilize, don't euthanize!!

BJ
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (05-27-2008), Curious (05-29-2008)