View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

sorry for you injury. its important to educate your family about this. its hard to understand how someone who looks fine.. is really far from it. that was one of the hardest parts of my injury. trying to explain to others how "i just dont feel right".. i remember telling my mom that. her only response would be.. "kenny, if u do have brain damage u better learn to live with it because its permenant!" god that would infuriate me! i put my fist through the walls of her house many times. its frustrating.. i eventually repaired the walls.. but brain damage isnt neccessarily permenant. the brain finds ways to compensate. it can "rewire" itself in a way. just educate yourself and your family. u need people to understand what youre going through. although i dont think u can fully grasp the reality of it unless youve dealt with it first hand.. but at least theyll know your going through tough times and that its a legitimite injury. itll take some time to get through it. but you will get better. it took me about 5 yrs to where i could say i felt "normal" again. u just gotta be patient and let time do what only time can do...
good luck
agntornge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote