View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Thing is though... if they don't want to be involved with the child, it's probably better for the child if they're NOT involved.

That's the way I see it with my DGD anyway.

My ex-dil never even wanted me to see my DGD until the divorce. Then ds got 6 weeks of custody last summer - and they lived with me. Then ex-dil had her, and ds had weekends. Well, soon the ex was asking if we could keep the baby an extra day an extra 2 days. We ended up having here 4 days a week all fall, all winter.

Ds complained. Dh complained. It was tough on me because ds was working those 2 extra days so I was the one watching this baby. There were weeks when I had to say no, I couldn't do it because I had my ESIs and my arms were going out.

But any time I could, I did it.

I didn't do it as a favor to the ex, my son or anybody else - I did it for my DGD. This lil girl needed somebody.

her other grandma *needed to sleep in* - she's 10 yrs younger than me.

Tell ya what, she loves me, I adore her. It was worth it and I'd do it all again if it killed me.

I do it because I want to be there and I'm good for her. And this child is the best thing that ever happened to me.