View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Silly B2, if men can do it, how hard can it be?!?

Get two of these for each bookcase, including the bottom ones.

Drill a straight pilot hole near the top rungs of each vertical support. Put a screw through the pilot holes and put the case where you want it to go. Tap the front so you make a mark in the drywall.

Now move the case and make a starter pilot in the drywall, then manually screw in the drywall anchor at a very slightly downward angle. Install the bottom ones by manually screwing those pilots into the anchors.

When they're stacked and installed, drill two pilots through the top case's base and 1/3 of the way into the head frame of the bottom case. Shoot screws through to fasten them lightly and then load 'em up.

Easy peasy.

If you hit a stud, skip the anchor and go for the screw.

Sorry, B2, I assumed facts not in evidence. Your original Q: Stack them only after they're fastened. I presumed you required help because you were installing them in a location where studs would be unavailable to your scheme.

For every day I choose to play,
I set aside a day to pay.
—AMN

"Sometimes plastic wrap just won't cling, no matter how much money you put in the meter."

—From the Book of True Wizdom

Last edited by AfterMyNap; 05-27-2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Foot/mouth = chew vigorously
AfterMyNap is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote