Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi and welcome to the group,

I was wondering if you have had any blocks yet just to see if it can be calmed down. If it's caught soon enough blocks can help but I have also seen people do good with blocks years after it's started.

Most people find it hard to work with RSD. IF it can be put into remission soon enough you might be able to keep working. It depends on how it effects you in other ways.

I started out with mine in my right thoracic area down to my hand and have a tough few years until we got it into remission. I have a persistent Dr. that seems to help is to have the right Dr. to help you.

My hand still gets blotchy and swells and sweats when I take walks and let them swing. I can't stand the heat any more then the cold most of the time.

They do say not to use ice, it can make it worse so being in that freezer is not going to help at all.

I am on disability as are a lot of others on here so it does seem to hit people pretty hard, hopefully you can continue to keep working, it's not impossible as I said. It is an uphill battle. RSD doesn't go away.

There will be others come on and help you, so stick around.

Feel better soon.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote