View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Exclamation OT Cutting living cost

Hi all, Just watching the grandson and got to thinking on the way home I am stopping to pick up some starter veggie plants.
I think it is going to help to not get a big garden like I use to, but put a few plants in: Tomato, cucumbers, snow peas, pepper plants.

I know the one year I put in cantalope, and they were delish!

I reduce trips out. I hate driving anyway, but I will not go down the mountain unless I am there already watching the grandson, or going to work. Before we use to just take the ride to grocery shop at will. Now a careful list is made to avoid running out trips.

I am viligent about the lights on. I keep the chargers for phones, cameras, Ipods, vcr's etc all on power strip and unplug it.
Last winter I put tape over the thermastats at one temp and my heat reduced a lot. Even the budget from the gas co. went down $25 a month although rates went up.

I can't hang clothes but I put them on hangers and hang those on the deck canopy to dry instead of dryer. Reduced the hot water temp.

I should recycle more, but it seems difficult. I do soda cans and get money, newspapers to the township, but that is it.

Every little bit helps. Anyone else have some ideas we could use?
di

every day is a new challange, face them knowing someone cares.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote