View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default An update on hubby's back.

Please forgive me Bobbi for not thanking you properly for giving me those fabulous links, but it was about then that things in our house started to go downhill. We had illness and two deaths (my brother's and a close friend's) to preoccupy us, and I always meant to get back to you, and hadn't.

My husband's back pain seems to have gone from bad to worse over these past few weeks and our local doctor finally referred him to a neurologist. Somehow he got an urgent appointment, and only had to wait a week to see the neuro, and yesterday was the day.

He did nerve conduction studies, including an Electro-myelogram one where DH was wanting to call him every name under the sun for sticking him with those nasty needles.......and it seems that he wants DH to have a spinal fusion post haste!

Here comes MY problem! DH has decided now that the neuro is a quack (he's the same one I see for MS and I don't think that), and that there's no way he'll have spinal surgery. I'm half convinced that if the Neuro hadn't stuck those needles into him without any warning or explanation at all, he may have been more open to listening to the pros and cons of this surgery.

The neuro said that surgery is indicated and that it should be soon. Now I'll be worrying myself sick incase the nerve involvement increases and he's left with permanent spinal nerve damage.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote