Thread: On the mend
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default On the mend

Well, had my surgery last Thursday. Amazing how I did not have tingly or numb hands when I was awake enough to realize what was going on! The only problem I am having now is that I cannot talk. While being prepped for surgery, 3 people had to look down my throat. I assume that was to check for the space for the breathing tube. Well, they must have used the biggest one they could. It is bad enough that I am confined to the house, but no talking either??!!! This is too much. I got internal stitches and dermabond which will eventually wash off with showering. I don't go back for follow-up until 6/27 then again on 8/12. I am shooting for a return to work date of 7/7. I just want to make sure that I don't do anything too soon, as I don't want this surgery to be for nothing. Will have to have another MRI or something on my follow-up...to make sure everything is still in place? I am wearing my soft collar as much as I can, but with it being 90+ degrees...it gets kind of warm at times. I just make sure that I am not moving when I have it off. I am swimming in the things that my husband is doing for me. I feel bad that he has to take care of me and clean the house...but then again....this will be the only time he does this for me, so I better enjoy it while I can!
dawn8168 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote