View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too have been pinching pennys! Everything is so expensive here where I live anyway, so its hard. But in light of the new failing economy, I have made some changes and stuck with some of my old money saving ways.

Im not a big fan of Wal-Mart, but I have started shopping there for non food items. Funny, but I dont buy impulse items at Wal-Mart like I do at Target. And their prices are so much lower.

To save on gas, I make one trip to the grocery store a week, instead of two. I plan ahead, make a list and use coupons if I have them. I have always brought the store brand when possible. That same day I will run all my errands - the bank, etc. Doing all my errands in one day also saves much time too! Sadly, I have to have a 4 wheel drive in order to get around up here in the winter, but what I wouldnt do for a little Toyota these days. Thankfully, I have a jeep and not a big SUV that seats 8, or somthing like that!

When you cook, make extra for left overs for the next day or to freeze for a quick meal some other time. Thanks to me doing this, we only eat out about once a month and again it saves time.

I keep my wardrobe simple and shop at outlet stores/malls. A good black or white t-shirt half price from the Gap outlet goes with everything. I have only two pairs of jeans, they were expensive but fit well, so they were worth it. I buy work clothes at Old Navy - they make decent black dress pants for 30.00- match it up with a nice blouse from the Ann Taylor outlet store and your good to go.
mtnmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (05-28-2008)