Thread: I Started PT!
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I Started PT!

Yes, I survived my first session. I learned alot about my ankle injury. I tore the ligament from the front of the ankle to the outside. It's a rare injury. And surgery to repair, is extreme, and usually heals the same as without. Good to know. That explains the constant feeling of shin splints.

I have tendonitis in the ankle, too. I need to ice it several times a day, so I can exercise. I've got some band stretches to do. I am encouraged to be given the go ahead to start walking. (Dad is happy) He just got the treadmill set up in the basement.

The therapist also wants to work on balance. Even more then mobility. My right side hyperextends, so I won't be that flexible.

I couldn't do 5 seconds on the bad foot. I was able to do 30sec fairly well with the right foot. It sure would be nice to have better balance, overall. I am starting with standing at the kitchen counter, sounds easy, but not for me.

I need to keep the brace on, not for stability, put to with periperception SP? The sense of where my foot is in the universe. That should return with time, although the MS has diminished mine somewhat.

I'll be going weekly for the next month. Yay! finally some good news, it's day 118.

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (05-28-2008)