Thread: New
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh my, you're on work comp. I'm very sorry......I got hurt at work too and the lack of proper care, well, I know it didn't help and I understand how they work. I live in Florida and you can get a lawyer if they deny you one little thing or don't pay you. I know every state has it's own rules about wc. Something you might want to look into and keep in mind. Most wc cases need a lawyer because once you are dx with rsd, that's when they start messing with your care. Not always, but 95% of the time they do.

Blocks are not anti inflammatories. They use numbing meds and inject them into the cluster of nerves either in the lower back for legs or in your neck for your arms. It helps, for some, stops the pain for hours or days and brings the color and skin temp back to normal as well. You usually get a series of them and each one usually helps more than the last one. It's very important to get them as early as possible. A pain doc/anesthesiologist is the doc that does blocks and would be able to tell you exactly which drugs he uses in them and wouldn't use any steroids in them and put you at risk. Look up stellate ganglion blocks and what they use in some. I know that different docs use different combos of stuff in them depending on the patient.

Rsd is a conditon that affects the nerve system, some people would say the sympathetic nervous system, but I've found it affects,or can affect, everything in the body so it's classified as a neurological conditon overall. It has nothing to do with nerve damage specifically. There are 2 types of RSD, with and without nerve injury. RSD type 1 and 2. Type 1 is the kind that comes from an injury such as I had, a broken kneecap. Type 2 is the one that has nerve damage, like someone who had surgery for carpal tunnel or some other injury that involves damage to a nerve or nerves.

If you have any wc questions let me know and I'll look it up for you. I'm good at researching stuff. :-) Your doc should have already referred you to a pain doc, maybe you could ask him about it next time you see him.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote