View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 06:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default gluten recommendations

[QUOTE=glenntaj;288489]--have you taken a long look at the Gluten Sensitivity/Celiac forum here yet?

Yes, I have visited numerous gluten/Celiac sites. I can't count the hours of research I have done. When I go to the doctor, it seems I need to inform him/her of the current research on gluten-sensitivity. I am having neurological reactions to gluten or something without gastrointestinal reactions. I can't find a definitive source of gluten which is what prompted me to look at other possible links to the peripheral neuropathy. I googled nickel in foods, because during my gluten/celiac research I happened to catch a sentence on the subject much to my surprise. What further surprised me was a member of this forum stating that he has a nickel allergy and a gluten-sensitivity with atypical symptoms. I can deal with the dry, itchy skin, dyshydrotic eczema, and other minor symptoms. Believe me, in comparison to constant muscle cramps, my itchy skin is minor and tolerable. I will take a loot at the gluten files that you mentioned as well. Thank you for these suggestions. BTW, since Tuesday, I have gone to the extreme in restricting gluten from my diet: no grains, no vinegar, no processed foods unless I know it is gluten-free. I have also restricted liquids to tea, water, and gluten-free juice. My symptoms are improving. I don't know what soda has to do with it, but it causes my joints to become stiff and ache if I drink it on a daily basis. I discovered this last September. The plantar fasciitis (spelling?) completely disappeared after restricting soda. The stiffness and most of the joint pain also disappeared. I tested my response to soda after a couple of symptom-less days and the pain/stiffness returned within 20 minutes of drinking Sprite. I also tested diet Sprite and had the same reaction. Unfortunately, I started drinking sodas again within the past couple weeks, more than one a day. I will continue eliminating these foods/drinks from my diet until I find relief.
Thank you immensely for your reply.
skigirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote